Electrical Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + years’ experience in electrical design;
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
Please send your CV on Email: email@example.com
- Design of electrical power distribution system (HV, MV, LV), fire alarm system, building lighting ( indoor and outdoor), Industrial control system, BMS and Home Automation System, Low current systems, Cable sizing, UPS, Generators and transformer design, Earthing system etc;
- Complete preliminary and final calculations for electrical Systems;
- Prepare technical specifications and bill of quantities for electrical Systems;
- Prepare design calculations in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation adopting all necessary standard formats and procedures; (IEC (International Electrical code), BS, EN, NFPA and ASHRAE and similar);
- Prepare sketch drawings in sufficient detail to enable draughts persons to produce satisfactory detailed drawings as required for tender, construction or other purposes;
- Being involved and conduct confirmations of MAFs (Material Approval Forms) given by Document controller;
- Preparation and/or development of Client brief; development of project cost plans; assist where necessary in the estimation of project in-house resource requirements;
- Carry out surveys of existing facilities and prepare survey reports;
- Prepare particular project specifications and schedules adapting standard specification information where possible;
- Prepare bills of quantities in accordance with current Standard Method of Measurement documents;
- Prepare feasibility studies and any specialist studies as required by the project brief;
- Justify systems selection by means of investment appraisal techniques; if required by the project brief, prepare presentation material and carry out presentations to Client.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 + years’ experience in electrical design;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit will be plus), MS Office;
- English – advanced;