Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Working hours: Full time
- Work with clients to identify project needs and document requirements.
- Design Plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic water
distribution and treated water systems.
- Design Fire-fighting systems, including standpipe, sprinkler, gas extinguishing systems.
- Design HVAC systems, including various heating cooling and air conditioning systems.
- Complete preliminary and final calculations for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Fighting
- Prepare technical specifications and bill of quantities for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire
- Prepare design calculations in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation
adopting all necessary standard formats and procedures (BS, EN, NFPA and ASHRAE
- Prepare sketch drawings in sufficient detail to enable draughts persons to produce
satisfactory detailed drawings as required for tender, construction or other purposes;
Conducting meetings with client and operators, to follow the communication with co-
ordination with all parties involved.
- Supervise drafters by assigning work, answering questions and checking work for
- Being involved and conduct confirmations of MAFs (Material Approval Forms) given by
- Preparation and/or development of Client brief; development of project cost plans; assist
where necessary in the estimation of project in-house resource requirements.
- Assist superiors, in the development of project pre and post tender programs.
Carry out surveys of existing facilities and prepare survey reports.
- Prepare particular project specifications and schedules adapting standard specification
information where possible.
- Prepare bills of quantities in accordance with current Standard Method of Measurement
- Assist in the financial control of contracts including the preparation of interim and final
- Prepare feasibility studies and any specialist studies as required by the project brief.
Justify systems selection by means of investment appraisal techniques; if required by the
project brief, prepare presentation material and carry out presentations to Client.
- Undertake all other duties as may be required to assist in the fulfilment of the primary
objectives of the Directors.
- Audit program, corrective action and customer feedback registers.
- To comply with strategy and actions which encourage and produce a safe working.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s technical degree;
5+ years relevant experience in Mechanical Designe ;
Excellent knowledge of AutoCad / Revit;
In depth knowledge of specification, standard & codes;
English – advanced.